TMDP LLP is committed to being guided by the following principles within the office environment and project design in the recognition they are cross- connected:
- The practice of responsible energy management through reduced consumption and the encouragement of energy efficiency throughout the office.
- The protection, conservation and enhancement of the natural and cultural heritage.
- The creation of a high quality working environment through the discouragement of litter and waste.
- The encouragement of the use of public transport and the provision of facilities for the disabled, pedestrians and cyclists.
- The choice of products and suppliers which minimise negative environmental impacts subject to necessary budgetary constraints.
- The minimisation of waste by reduced consumption and the development of effective waste management and recycling procedures.
- The non use of hazardous materials and processes, and the taking of all reasonable steps to prevent damage to either public or ecological health.
- The continued monitoring and audit of its environmental policies and practices.
TMDP Special Projects Limited, TMDP Developments and TMDP Electrical Limited have the following additional policies:
TMDP construction divisions recognise that construction operations may have a damaging impact upon the environment and therefore ensure that all construction activities are carried out in such a manner as to ensure a high standard of environmental protection and awareness.
TMDP is committed to the protection and enhancement of the environment. It takes a close and responsible interest in, and considers and respects the physical, economic and social environments on all projects in which it is involved.
We aim to contribute towards environmental improvement and sustainable development by using best practice and innovation to minimise environmental impacts. Environmental impacts are assessed at every stage of the business process in consultation with organisations working on behalf of TMDP including designers, contractors etc. to develop agreed solutions that are sympathetic to the environment and community. TMDP plays an active role in supporting and encouraging contractors in reducing their environmental impacts.
The TMDP policy relies on these environmental principles:
- Managers will demonstrate the leadership and commitment necessary to foster a culture of environmental responsibility
- Minimise and where possible, eliminate impacts on the surrounding social and natural environment
- Implementation of the Environmental Management System and manage environmental factors including:
- Pollution minimisation
- Resource and waste management
- Ecologically sustainable development
- Water quality management environmental risks are to be identified, assessed and controlled to minimise and mitigate the environmental impacts of our operations
- All employees, contractors and operators have a responsibility to protect the environment and to prevent pollution
- All staff will be provided with the knowledge, awareness and resources required to meet their environmental responsibilities; and
- Operations, decisions, plans and actions will be conducted in accordance with this policy.
This policy covers both the construction works as well as general office procedures.
Our objectives are to:
- Comply with, and endeavour to exceed, the requirements of all relevant environmental legislation, codes and guidelines
- Continually strive for improvement in the environmental performance of its contractors
- Take proactive measures to protect and preserve wildlife and flora andtheir natural habitats
- Prevent pollution and protect both the natural and built environment
- Reducing the effects of noise, dust, disturbance and inconvenience arising from its activities
- Establish periodic reviews of environmental impacts associated with company activities
- Adopt best practice, set targets, monitor and continuously improve environmental performance
- Identifyandimplementacontinuousprogrammeofmeasurestominimise identified environmental impacts
- Involve all employees in development and implementation of our environmental action plan
- Minimise construction and demolition waste through re-use and recycling to reduce the amount of materials being disposed of in land-fill sites and safely dispose of any other types of waste
General office procedure commitments to focus on include reducing consumption of resources by:
- Use of e-mail for all correspondence, where possible
- Double sided printing, reuse of scrap paper and segregation of paper waste for recycling
- Conserve, reuse and recycle e.g. printer toner and ink cartridges
- Reduce energy usage in our buildings
- Send facsimiles from computer
Each and every individual working for this company has a part to play in helping us to achieve and maintain a healthy environment for all.
This policy will be brought to the attention of all employees and to all those working for and on behalf of the company.